Finally after so many days of bureaucratie, I was finally able to touch again my needles! So I used that time to finish the scarf for Peter AND to do some crazy twist with it… I was feeling like a heart surgeon doing a heart transplantation… Except it was 2 pieces of scarves and no life saving behind that.
I didn’t like the original start of the scarf until the last red stripe so I decided to knit a new piece for the beginning which will be more matching the pattern of the scarf.
I tried it first by finishing the overall scarf, so when that end did turn out to look good I was on for some crazy scarf transplantation…
I did a first trial on a small square of wool, didn’t turn so good, but I learnt a few things (such as I really need to memorize better what was my last stitch and not to be deconcentrated during this).
I inserted my needle all the way through.
Then unravelled the bottom part.
Then tried a gartner stitch between my two needles. Epic fail! Ouch, bad start…
But I wasn’t gonna let this to put me down, so after really examining the result of the square I decided to move on to the scarf. Same process: entered the whole needle the whole way through, just above the red stripe. Then I removed gently the last red row.
And then I concentrated! A lot!
Btw notice the other side of the wrong “start” I did like the red stripes here much better, but anyway the overall was still not to my liking.
So off I went with again the gartner stitch! And … Tada! It worked! Patience always paid me back 🙂 now I’m even doing the whole blocking for the first time since it keeps rolling on the sides.
You can slightly s that the small columns are off, I don’t understand why when all the others line up perfectly. Oh well, you can’t go to surgery without a scare….
Here is the whole scarf (folded in two, that’s why you can see some red on the right side going higher – it’s from the other side):