My ex had a baby recently and I did a few baby items for him (baby blue jacket and hat). I wanted to send a customized card to go with it. Finally yesterday, the inspiration struck me (after a crazy shopping frenzy where I bought many new stamps from My Paper World) and other things to toy around with my cards).
I went for a navy style as they live by the sea in south of France, which is very convenient for a baby boy theme 🙂
I had finished the background when I started to glue around the elements, and was happy with it.
I figured out that my stamping block was too small for some of the stamps, so instead of running back to the shop and spend more there. I got creative. I used the box from the stamps which is transparent… Worked ok. I wouldn’t over use that technique, but it’s good enough when you need a quick fix 🙂
I decided to do a large batch so I could reuse them for other occasions in the future.
But when I started to assemble everything, I didn’t count on touching by accident an ink pad with the side of the card… In a different color… So I figured I better add a few stamps from that color, which luckily was still matching the theme, but I couldn’t do a proper background anymore