Red headband

I met my friend during the weekend and gave her her new owl pouch. Ended-up with a new challenge: build a headband in red for the same day. Challenge accepted 🙂  
My first reaction was, I don’t have any red wool! Wrong! I did have some red Big Merino from Drops, from the last red and black scarf … Ah! And actually I had just exactly enough for the headband… If one more row was needed then I was thinking of doing a black one (a little cheat, or call it decoration ;)) but not needed, so all good!

I went for the broomstick stitch wich needed both needle and crochet. First time I tried this. I almost gave up on row one as all the instructions I found were quite tedious until it finally ticked… I thought I would be able to do it in an hour. Challenge failed… Took me rather 3!  
 
but at least challenge completed, I did complete a red headband that day and my friend is happy with it 🙂 Yes, I know that wasn’t on the to-do list for this month, but shhhh… 😉

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Red headband

  1. Deb says:

    I whipped up a crochet hat in about 2 hours a few days ago. Now I’m thinking I should do a few headbands as well. Yours turned out great!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s